Chloe`s nest

2012년 1월 11일 수요일

Viral Video essay

This is a video of 'harry potter in 99 seconds' from YouTube.

Genre: Comedy, Music
Released: July 19, 2011
By: Jon Cozart   





I would like to tell you about viral video, Harry Potter in 99 second! I first watched this video because its title was interesting. I am a huge fan of Harry Potter, so I watched it. Actually, it was far more interesting then I thought it would be. The title is self-explaining, but I will explain anyway. Two boys, one singing the lyrics, one holding the title of the book and helping him, sings a summary of Harry Potter series in 99 second. All 7 books in 99 seconds. And it`s a good summary too. Not a lame one.



The maker of 'harry potter in 99 seconds' is a 19 year old American boy. He posted the video with the name 'Paint' but the real name is Jon Cozart. There is a rumor that the two boys in the video are the same person. The melody they sang is the theme song of each series. Two foreign young people as if dictating a story to film the story of Harry Potter series, which takes way to deploy a 99-seconds period in a cappella music in the background to describe the movie plot is taking. His video was picked as the most read video 43 times this month, and 51 times this week at YouTube Comedian Category. Internet users say "He looks like a high school student" because he sang a birthday anthem for his principle in his another video, Kid Roasts His Principal. He is known as good at playing piano and ukulele in addition to his great singing skill. 

I really like this viral video, mostly because it`s a good summary of Harry Potter, one of my favorite series. This video was once a big hit in Korea too. I think they are really good at summarizing books and making them into lyrics. And I also like the little signs the boy on the left holds. It`s pretty. To add, the expression the guy holding sign have is funny, too.


However, there is a flaw, too. Why is the part about Half-blood prince so short, Well, that is one of my favorites of Harry Potter! (I like Harry doing a good job at Potions.) I think all the parts` portion should be almost same. That way, people will not think the Half-blood prince is shorter than any books.




This video is so famous, there are already parodies about it. The most famous one is, harry potter in 58 seconds on YouTube. In the 'harry potter in 58 seconds' video, there is only one foreign girl, and sings the background music of 99 second faster and dictate. The real video time code was not 58 seconds- it was 59 seconds. 


I really like viral video summarizing a book. I hope a lot of videos like this will become viral. Hopefully, it would be Tara Duncan Series.
This is a video of 'harry potter in 58 seconds' from YouTube.

댓글 1개:

  1. Very good post. Mostly all your own writing and lots of information. I'm glad you didn't write about Annoying Orange. He's getting annoying!

    Great blog.

    답글삭제