Chloe`s nest

2012년 1월 10일 화요일

Ode to Green Card


Dear Green Card,

I never met you, but I have heard about your kindness, beauty, and happiness. Your appearance makes everybody excited. Your color makes everybody ambitious. You are a super star at GLPS. I tried a lot to meet you, but I never had much luck. You with teacher`s signature always went to other kids. You with teacher`s signature always made me envy other kids.
You are the super star

A couple of days before, I came close. Remember?
In math class, I solved the Sudoku problem, but I was the third so you were not available to me. I desired to meet you once, the super star, marvel at your beautiful hue, and feel the happiness and pride warm me up. But the chance always went to other kids. I felt like a fool.

Everybody gets ambitious when you turn up. They become smarter, swifter, and faster. They make me envy them, because they met you a lot, and I did not. I tries my best, but I never can reach enough to you. You are kind, I know, but you are really busy too. So sometimes I get frustrated and unhappy because I feel like I can never reach you. But I really want you, so if I can reach you, please, oh please, wait for me. I will do my best to reach you and finally get you.

Oh, Green Card, if Yellow card is a devil, you are an angel. If Yellow Card is the Ugly Sisters, you are Cinderella. If Yellow Card is fire, you are water. Yellow Card is destructive, but you cover it. You make the sorrow of Yellow card disappear and magically fill any place with brightness and happiness. Oh, Green Card, I said a lot of praise about you, so if you do not wait for me, I will be resentful because of you.

Please wait for me. I am trying my best, so don`t go away so fast. Please wait for me so I won`t lose my hopes.

댓글 2개:

  1. Card is busy... what a cute and creative expression! You used repetition so that your writing sounds more song-like! You also effectively used similes. Excellent! one of my favorites!

    답글삭제
  2. This is great! I agree with DJ. I hope you finally got one... If I had know I would have given you one.:)

    답글삭제