Chloe`s nest

2012년 1월 17일 화요일

Reflective essay

 We watched a short video clip called 'Spring, summer, fall, winter, and spring'. We watched the first spring part. A boy monk tied some stones to a fish, a frog, and a snake for fun. The master monk tied a rock to him, so that he could learn a lesson. The boy monk tries to save the fish, the frog and the snake the next day, but the fish and the snake is already dead. The boy monk learned his lesson.

When I was young, I loved to play housekeeping. Especially the cooking part. I picked as much leaves, flower petals, a whole flower, and roots as I could. I pretended leaves as dish, flower petals as bowls, anthers as rice, juice as soup, and roots as herbs. Once in a while, I mixed them all and pounded them with a stone. I laughed at the mess I made, on the ground and to the plants. I only did that for fun. Just for fun. Not now. After I watched the video clip, I now realized how much damage did to the trees, and the flowers. Just for one moment`s fun. I felt a sudden guilt, and sorry for all the leaves I pounded, all the flowers I picked. I should have realized that picking plants for fun also means killing plants for fun. I was my younger self, so I did not know that. I do know that now. I fell very guilty, doing all that to the plants.

In my opinion, parents should tell their children how much damage they did to the environment. Not the real harsh way like the master monk did to the boy monk, but they should scold them. Or their kids will grow up not knowing that, and goes on harming the environment. I think parents should tell them that that is wrong, and that they are harming the environment just for fun. That should teach kids a lesson.

댓글 1개:

  1. Good - a unique approach. Most students write about ants. You wrote about plants! Try to include the video so we know what this is about. Good writing!

    답글삭제